Thursday, May 22, 2008

Memorial Weekend

I'm not so good at writing about all the things that I feel about the war and it's costs and effects on our country and the world. When my words get stuck, I tend to make things. I'm hoping that implementing the creation of a small memorial quilt for each soldier who has died speaks the words I can't find.

So I am hoping that each of us at the very least, spends a little time contemplating war and freedom and liberty and the cost of achieving the lives we are privledged to have. And if you find yourself with a spare moment or two, make some knots on a block to honor those who have given their lives.

Portions of the project will be available to view this weekend at the Hjemkomst Center in Moorhead, MN, and at the Evansville Art Center in Evansville MN.

No comments: